10.17.2005

Is it Monday?



Tomorrow I'm off to the city that never sleeps to trade in my pillow-top sleigh bed for an air mattress in the corner (I'm supposed to say nook) of a kitchen/living room/dining room. It's quite roomy actually and I can't wait.
I know I promised a drink tally and honestly I'd rather tell you my pop's because it's much more impressive. Tonight alone he's finished off a bottle of cachaca (Oi! Brasil!), 2 bottles of vodka (Oh don't be alarmed, both were kinda empty to begin with), 2 tumblers (yes I said tumblers) of whisky and a couple glasses of wine. Actually I could be wrong, I think he was just drinking the vodka out of a wine glass. This evening's send off festivities included a strict grey sweats only requirement (bonus points for slippers, double bonus points for blue terrycloth ones) and literary suggestions over chinese take-out (yes, there was inexplicably also sushi invloved). It was loverly and I really will miss the fine ladies who would be my first round pro picks if drinking were a spectator sport.
T, K & J - I'm coming back for the rest of my present. I can't believe you took it home with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home