1.20.2006

Confessions of a wannabe drama queen


Day 20

I'm afraid that I have portrayed things incorrectly which I am wont to do on occasion. My sister is not the grouch that I have painted her to be. In fact quite the opposite and her kind words of support and advice have be grossly misinterpreted. She is quite a bit more fun and exciting than I am and you would be lucky if she started a blog about her daily antics. Although I secretly hope that she doesn't because that would render my blog completely irrelevant. More so than it already is of course.

That being said, a word about the GG's. As much as I'd like to sit here and poop on it - I have to say that it was a very long but fun-filled evening of gratuitous celebrity gawking. You all know that one of my very best talents is sniffing out the celebrity at any given coffee shop/drugstore/cafe/Home Depot so I was obviously in system overload working the VIP section at my alma mater's excellent party. That's the funny thing about celebrity parties - after you see Teri Hatcher sashaying her hips with her arms over head smiling big and looking around the Wire Image cameraman for the fifteenth time it sort of stops being thrilling and enters a new realm entirely. Also when you are being beckoned by not the sisters Hilton but actually their heavily made-up hanger-on friend to bring them drinks and please please some food. I believe the words, "Please they're so hungry" were used. To which I responded, "Yes I can see that." Then in a very humbling moment, I scurried (yes, I did) off to both the buffet and the bar to fetch sustenance for the sisters. I can only take some small pleasure in knowing that I saw P.H. stuff two skewers of chicken in her mouth at once shortly followed by a lambchop. It was brilliant and greasy. Another moment of disillusionment: Jimmy Fallon has orange hair fashioned in a very unfortunate mullet way. Although it could have just appeared that way from my angle.

To conclude: I enjoyed my run as a celebrity drone and I know that most people will never have the chance to say that they watched Ryan Phillipe do the jig while Reese talked on her sidekick five feet away from them. Or that they stood right next to Mariah and her entourage drinking straight from the bottle of Cristal, not Mimi just her entourage. For that I am thankful and for all the great people who I worked with who thought that I could do this again. Holla ISLA!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"scurrying" from a PH at a GG
I never thought I'd see the day pull yourself together man!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home