1.05.2006

Where the apple falls

Day 5

Is it nature not nurture or is like father like son? I hate to admit that the more time I spend with my parents the more I notice that the things I do and say that are so clearly a reiteration of them. So I'm watching the Dog Whisperer tonight which is a far cry from The Stud, but I am getting old and considering my lack of income this is pretty good entertainment. I love this show. Maybe because Charlie has a huge napoleon complex and maybe because he seems to be the only living miracle worker I have ever witnessed. Charlie went Kujo on a couple of dogs today- seriously, like throaty gutteral snarls and lunges at the jugular. Thank god he's only twelve pounds so most people find him amusing. It doesn't hurt that his teeth are about as sharp as marbles but he doesn't know that. So you know what they say about people and their pets how they somehow begin to resemble one another over time. I'm wondering what that says about me. Like Charlie, I am obsessed with food and can sometimes gather up enough hunger momentum to inhale my food like he does. Like Charlie I get very sleepy after I eat and feel uncontrollable urges to recline on the couch for long periods after meals. Like Charlie I am wary of strangers. I have never gone for the jugular but perhaps I just haven't met the right guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home