10.19.2005

Rose colored glasses

Unemployed day 19
The time really has flown by - I don't know if I can say so much for Charlie. He hasn't recieved the warmest welcome here in the big apple and I hope it's just because he's still wearing his gucci sunglasses and talking on his cell phone in the taxi. We did have a breakthrough moment today on the sidewalk with another mini-man named oscar. No insane, exorcism-esque outbursts from charlie - it was a very proud moment. It was lovely here today - LA weather - and I wandered the streets of soho thinking that these places and these corners will soon look very diffrerent to me. Have you ever noticed how something fundamentally changes in your mind the moment it stops being strange and unknown? I can't decide if that's good or bad. I had to buy some walking shoes today. Not sneakers, but definitely shoes I could walk in further than from the parking space to the elevator to my desk. The guy at the shoe store just got back from California and asked me if I was some kind of crazy for moving to New York just in time for winter. 1 glass of wine, 1 old fashioned, 1 overpriced pair of wedge heels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home