1.24.2006

Reality check

Day 24

T-minus 7 days till departure and I don't know why but I am feeling completely indifferent. Yes I am very excited to go to Thailand for the first time in four years and see my family who will undoubtely alert me to the fact that I gained weight since the last time I've seen them. This will be delivered cheerfully and in a matter of fact way - which is exactly what it is. A matter of Fact. Still, who wants to have the obvious pointed out to them. They don't ever say - Hey, your hair is still brown and your eyes squinty.They dont ever day - You personality is so winning! They don't ever say - Wow, that color makes your skin look amazing. These are all matters of fact. I know that there is nothing I can do in the next seven days that will solve this problem.Yes, of course I am aware that a 7 day juice fast can work wonders but I would like to leave my friends with the impression that,in general, I am a pleasant person to be around. So I have decided to stop beating myself up for all the things I'm not and accept the person I am: A frankenstein pepperoni pizza face who wears elastic waist pants.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monty said...

hey marie. have i ever told you that you personality is so winning?

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home