6.28.2006

Man Down


These people are getting married. Yes, he is peeing and she is laughing at him (as am I, however as the artist I am not really an active particpant nor am I condoning any lewd behavior. I am simply a facilitator of aesthetics). Personally, I think this would be a great engagement announcement photo and since none of their more staid relatives read this blog (and I'm not even sure if the couple does either) I feel comfortable in posting it as my own little homage to their glorious union. I'm not going to wax poetic on the many ways that they will make each other happy forever and how I wish them nothing but eternal happiness and joy etc. I'm saving that for the gift card on the egg poacher I am planning to get them as a wedding gift.
But here, here on my own uncensored narrative I am going to be sad about it. Not sad because my best friend is getting married. Sad because this is the end of an era. The other day I was just boasting to a friend who had FIVE weddings to attend this summer that though all of my good friends are entrenched in serious monogamous relationships, none of them have been silly enough to jump on the bandwagon. Now, I'm afraid. Very afraid because you know what this means. It's like dominoes - they're all going to be dropping like flies. First one's down and it's only a matter of time before we lose the rest. When I told my mum about RJ's engagement her immediate response was: "When's your turn?" And so it begins....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the newlyweds.... and LUV the idea for the save the date. LOL Rest assured, my dear friend, this woman is NOT going down...xoxo Jenn

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home