8.03.2006

Age is just a number (finale)

So it am fully one week into my golden year and I don't have much to say for myself. Hopefully this year will amount to more than piecing together a debaucherous evening by asking various friends what happened or in most cases being informed by friends that I've already told them something or they've already told me and so on. You get the picture. In the end the goal technically was to "Party like you're 22" and I think I accomplished that without losing too much dignity. Or if I did, my wonderful friends have been nice enough to not remind me of it. Suffice it to say, I woke up drunk the next morning and didn't reach hangover until midway through my first lunch (which I consequently lost) and then got a voicemail from a friend about a date we had made to go to the MOCA which I still don't ever remember setting. Senility albeit alcohol induced is still a sign of age no?
I usually make all kinds of resolutions on my birthday which is what I usually like to do instead of New Year's resos, but you know how well I stick to resolutions. So in the spirit of being in the moment, and because I dislike compromising my integrity, I am not making any. Besides, this year ahead seems filled with many prospective adventures - mainly weddings in far away fantastic places but also, as my mum so kindly reminds me, the peak of my child-bearing years. And really who wants to hear about a girl's resolve to get hitched and have a kid. yawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home