8.17.2006

Turkey and Cutlets

I am departing today on the first leg of my Eurasian adventure to Switzerland and Turkey. Being the responsible traveler that I am, I checked the TSA website for the most updated travel advisory concerning carry-on baggage. As of today:

To ensure the health and welfare of certain air travelers the following items are permitted.

Small amounts of Baby formula and breast milk if a baby or small child is traveling
Liquid prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket
Up to 5 oz. (148ml) of liquid or gel low blood sugar treatment
Up to 4 oz. of essential non-prescription liquid medications
Gel-filled bras and similar prostethics worn for medical reasons

Thank god I read this. How embarrassing would if be for me at security to have to take OFF MY BRA and throw it away. I say this is blatant discrimination. Just because I opted to not go for the surgery and have the gel implanted, I now have to walk around the terminal 3 hours before depature being mistaken from the chest down for a fourteen-year-old girl. Now that I know, I'm going to resort to my tried and true fourteen-year-old tricks and pack my extra socks in my non-gel filled bra.

I love travelling. I really do.

1 Comments:

Blogger christianne said...

You kill me -- as a fellow lady of small boobies, I feel your pain. Or rather, your gel.

It took the BF and I 33 hours to get from Nice to LAX last week. Good luck to you!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home