8.10.2006

a caveat

For Dax, the first person who has ever been personally offended by my unemployment.

I apologize if I have caused you any unnecessary stress. In no way am I making a personal attack on you and your lifestyle by choosing to no longer partake in the rat race. In fact, if I could find a way to not despise myself and every waking moment of my life when I am running the great rat race then of course I would because believe you me, aimless boredom is no cake walk either. I find it funny that you think that because I have no occupation, I therefore should not exist. I apologize if I do not subscribe to your dogma of "I work, therefore I am" But yes, I'll cede to you. My existence may seem petty compared to yours. I do not make deals, I do not hand out business cards, I hardly get out of my pajamas. I contribute nothing to world, it is no better or worse a place because of me. These aren't things I am happy about, but I do not measure the value of my existence by this yardstick. However, in a vain attempt to rectify my position I will say this. I do have a job. I am the editor-in-chief of this here blog. How's that for the american dream?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home