8.04.2006

Word

My friend H invited me to go see a movie about crossword puzzlers because he said no one else was interested in seeing it with him. I don't know if he thought that I actually could finish a crossword puzzle, aside from the ones in the back of People Mag, or if he had found out about my secret obsession with trivia and thought this might be right up my alley. Whatever the case, I am so glad I saw Wordplay. It's hilarious with some great cameos of people you actually know like John Stewart and Bill Clinton (both lefties did you know?). This also happens to be a great movie to watch during a down moment when you feel like you just might be the craziest freak in the world because it will definitely make you feel better. It will also make you feel really inept and inadequate because you can't finish the Sunday NY Times crossword puzzle in under 5 minutes (or at all) but at least you have your social skills, decent orthodontal work or contact lenses.
I'm thinking that I should try and create a puzzle with all the new airport codes I've been learning as I try to arrange for my many vacations from my vacation. Yes, I know I live a hard life but really I wonder how long it would take me to memorize all the airport codes in the world.
Puzzle me these:
LAX (obvi), SFO, JFK, LGA, NWK, GVA, CDG, ORY, LHR, EZE, GIG, SZM, IST, FRA, VIE, BUD, PRG, ATH, ZRH, MUC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home