11.30.2005

Family tradition

I am thankful for many things but really since I am almost a week late with these musings I will spare everyone the details. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday and not just because it completely revolves around food, my one true love in life. I love that we set our thanksgiving table with a shot glass at each place setting, I love that we once had a peking turkey and we've never seen a green bean casserole grace our meals. At my house we don't say grace and we don't give thanks, at least not out loud, but I know that we are all thankful for many things. Traditions are good however socially unacceptable and potentially liver damaging they may be and I am thankful that we can continue ours every year while we sing along to HEART so loud that we don't notice the dogs eating the leftover stuffing in the kitchen. This year I am especially thankful for ABC because I have spent that last four days on a LOST bender. KL, you were right. I'm sorry it took me so long to listen to you. I will never doubt you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home