2.26.2006

Don't try this at home

Day 59

I ride a motorcycle everyday. I come down off the skytrain and hop on the back of the waiting moto's at the bottom of the stairway and they wisk me off, usually side-saddle and helmet-less down the road to my house. It's the scariest taxi ride you'll ever take, especially when sitting side saddle (wearing skirts or dresses necessitates this position) as you never really feel like you are on the bike. Is it ironic that I would NEVER do this at home where there are actual traffic laws that people abide by and where people can cross streets without the city having to build overpasses for them? But it really is quite a thrill - my daily 45 secs of living on the edge. Can't beat that wind in your hair feeling and the price: 25 cents.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ulla said...

thanks for the visialization I felt like I was on the bike for a sec;)

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home