2.07.2006

It's all Bikram here

Day 37

Yesterday my cousin took me to her yoga class. Absolute Yoga was the name of the studio and although they specialize in Bikram this was just "regular" Ashtanga. I only learned when I arrived in my long black, tight, hip hugging, spandex yoga pants that this was a level three class. Level three of three. y-a-y. Let me just say that I have taken showers that have been less damp than this yoga class. It was like yoga in a steam room with really really skinny people. As I peeled my dripping wet pants off my legs before jumping into my first electively cold shower I had a moment of realization: there's no need for Bikram yoga when the average outside temperature is 95 degrees. In fact on a summer day, it might just be cooler inside that Bikram studio (heated to 98) than it is outside. Apparently the Thai's love it and who am I to judge, I'll never be able to wrap my legs around my neck like a pretzel even if I'm sitting on the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home